This national event, now in its 16th year, will bring together the latest thinking and developments in pharmacy automation and digital systems in hospital pharmacy settings.
The theme for the day will look at how automation and other digital technologies are helping to deliver the efficiencies as discussed in Lord Carter of Coles report Review of Operational Productivity in NHS Providers.
Digital systems together with automation have the potential to support the NHS Efficiency Programme whilst benefiting patients and clinicians through safer, more joined up care and sharing of comprehensive clinical information.Issues to be covered include:
• National Policy on eprescribing
• Implementing The Lord Carter NHS Procurement and Efficiency programme in our Trust - where are we now and how has automation helped?
• Working with old automation systems that need replacing / updating - what is the future for automation 16 years on?
• A decentralised Pharmacy service linking Robotics use with on ward Pharmacy staff
• Medicines optimisation and increased clinical efficiency with automation
A case study from Omnicell highlighting the benefits of their systems
• An update on the Scan for Safety initiative
• Dedicated Ward Pharmacy and how this links with Carter efficiencies
• Digital Refer to Pharmacy referral scheme - the benefits of hospital to community digital pharmacy referral
• Understand how community pharmacists can support patients post hospital discharge
• Case study from University Hospitals of Leicester - An update on using individual dose automation in an acute ward setting (OptiMeD ID) getting support from local Academic Health Networks to fund business cases